2nd Grade Activity Sheet
Visit our school website at www.euniceelem.slp.k12.la.us
Week of November 27-December 1, 2017
Mrs. Richer: conference time: 11:18-12:20
· Friday Tests:
o Spelling and Vocabulary from current week: Lesson 15
o Reading and skills from current week: Officer Buckle and Gloria
· Weekly Story: Officer Buckle and Gloria pgs. 506-529
· Comprehension: Cause and Effect, Humor, Monitor/Clarify
· Phonics: Compound Words
· Grammar: Abbreviations
· Opinion Writing: Persuasive Essay/Organization
Test Prep Tips:
· Vocabulary Tips: Students will need to understand the word in a sentence, to decide what it means. Students will also need to use a dictionary excerpt to answer 5 questions. It gives the words and their definitions, then students will have to use the words and definitions to answer questions about the dictionary.
· Phonics Tips: Students will have to identify which words are compound words. (Example: afternoon, forgotten, or telephone) Students will also need identify which words have the same short vowel sounds as a given word. (Example: Which word has the same sound for a as the word rabbit? A. race B. attic C. cart
· Story Comprehension Tips: 1) Students will need to identify main idea. (What the story is mostly about) 2) Students will need to identify events that happened in order, in the story. (first, second, third) 3) Students will need to identify severa; cause and effects that happened in the story. 4) Students will need to identify and correctly label safety tips and their numbers.
Our Community and its Geography: Unit 2 overview: In this unit students will understand how primary sources help in understanding continuity and change over time and how people and events of the past impact our lives today. Students will understand why we celebrate local, state, and national holidays. Students will understand how early explorers, settlers, and westward migration influenced the development of the United States.
Math and Science
Mrs.Miller: conference time: 11:18-12:20
Email : email@example.com
Math: Chapter 4: Adding 2 digit numbers with regrouping.
Behavior Expectations: Be Respectful, Be Safe, Be Responsible
Spirit of Christmas Food Drive: We will collect canned goods from Nov 27th – Dec 4th. The class that collects the most will have a PIZZA PARTY on behalf of the Eunice Rotary Club!
Pastries with Parents: On November 29th at 7:15 a.m., 3rd – 4th grade parents are invited to join us for breakfast pastries in a meeting regarding LEAP 2025 and Eunice Elementary School’s Action Plan to increase learning.
Early Dismissal: Dec 18th – 20th students will be dismissed at 12:25 p.m.
Christmas Holidays: No school Dec 21 – Jan 5th. Students return Jan 8th.
Encourage critical thinking Your child is not only learning facts in school, he is also learning to think. Help him think about:
•Science. Encourage him to use what he knows. “The leaves have fallen. What do you call a tree that loses its leaves?”
•Reading. Before, during and after reading time, ask your child why and what if questions. “What if that character had made a different choice?”
•Math. Challenge your child to catch mistakes. If you count by twos and say “2, 4, 6, 7, 9” can he figure out what’s wrong?
**Testing dates are subject to change at the teacher’s discretion with approval from the principal.
classdojo.com - class behavior points and teacher contact
https://www-k6.thinkcentral.com/ePC/start.do - text book
mobymax.com - extra practice for all subjects through games
Please study vocabulary and Spelling words nightly. Also, practice math addition and subtraction facts nightly.
Check student’s folders on a daily basis for any important information that may be sent home.
$25.00 supply fee due if you have not paid.